Are you worried you may have items in your home that are poisonous to your pet? Parents are often reminded to baby- and kid-proof our homes, but it’s also necessary to pet-proof them. Each year, thousands of pets accidentally ingest common but dangerous household materials, and the culprits are often surprising: items including onions, grapes and garden mulch are offenders.
In honor of National Poison Prevention Week, we’re hosting a live Twitter chat with Dr. Tina Wismer, Medical Director of the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) on Thursday, March 24 from 1:00 to 2:00 P.M. ET. Follow @ASPCA as Dr. Wismer answers all of your questions about protecting pets from harmful substances!
Help spread the word! Share the image below on your social media networks to encourage your friends to participate.
Please visit our APCC section to find out more about items that could be poisonous to your furry friends. APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency—24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call your veterinarian or the ASPCA Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 immediately.