Fact or Myth: The Truth About These Pet Toxins!

Fact or Myth: The Truth About These Pet Toxins!

With so much information about pet toxins out there, it’s hard to know what’s true and what’s not. Can milk really stop your pet from being poisoned? Does burnt toast really absorb toxins? Luckily, the ASPCA Animals Poison Control Center (APCC) has all the information you need to help you stay informed, and steer clear of confusing myths! Check out the graphic below to find out if it’s a fact or a myth.

BONUS

Myth: If it tastes bad, my pet won’t eat it.

The truth: This is probably the number one myth the APCC staff hear every day.  Remember, what we think tastes bad is not the same as what your pet thinks. Some pets who have a more discerning palate may stay away from gross or bad tasting substances, but for many pets that is not a deterrent.  Some pets may not realize it tastes bad until it is too late and have already swallowed. And remember, some serious toxins don’t seem like they would have much taste but are actually quite sweet, such as antifreeze, and can be incredibly appealing to pets.

If you suspect your pet may have ingested a toxic substance, please contact your veterinarian or call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 immediately. 
 

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: