Today, the ASPCA kicks off Be Kind to Animals Week, a yearly celebration that spotlights the importance of kindness and compassion toward our furry friends! This annual week is over 100 years old, and while we know our supporters are “kind” to animals year-round, we wanted to share a few ways to get involved now:
1. Join Team ASPCA to Help Animals in Need! Create a personal ASPCA fundraising page for an important event in your life, and share it with your friends and family. Whether you donate your birthday, honor the memory of a beloved pet or decide to run a 5K with Team ASPCA, the money you raise can make a big difference for animals in need nationwide.
2. Volunteer at Your Local Shelter, or With the ASPCA. From walking dogs to fundraising, there are tons of ways you can get involved with your local animal shelter. Use our shelter finder to find a shelter or rescue group near you.
3. Adopt a Pet. There are countless dogs and cats across the country who are waiting to find loving homes. If you’ve considered adding a four-legged friend to your family, now may be the perfect time to visit your local shelter! The ASPCA has all the resources you need to find adoptable dogs and cats in your community.
4. Sign Up for the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade. When you join the Advocacy Brigade, you’ll receive important alerts from the ASPCA. We’ll contact you when we need your help fighting for laws against animal cruelty.
5. Make a Monthly Gift. The ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of rescue, adoption and welfare, but none of our life-saving work would be possible without regular monthly gifts from ASPCA Guardians. Becoming a Guardian is the easiest, most efficient way to fight cruelty and make a difference for animals all year long. Plus, May is Membership Month at the ASPCA, so it’s the perfect time to join!
From everyone at the ASPCA, we want to say thank you for being kind to animals this week—and every week out of the year.